The Start-up Competition
Enactus is joining forces with Finance in Motion to launch a start-up Competition open to Enactus projects operating in and using green technology, in Egypt, Germany, Morocco, Tunisia and Ukraine.
The competition will take place in two rounds:
National round: Where Enactus national teams are invited to participate and take part of the competition. In this round, 3 projects will be selected as winner and will be rewarded a total of 46 000 €
International competition: National winners from the five participating countries will take part of an international competition in Germany. In this final round, TOP 3 projects will be granted a total reward of 30 000 €.
The competition is open to Enactus projects from the five participating countries. Each project has to:
- Operate and boost sustainable, technology driven farming practices AND/OR green industrial production.
- Fulfil the Enactus criterion
- Define an innovative business idea based on a solid business need/“people in need“-analysis;
- Can demonstrate their scaling or start-up potential via a 3-year-plan.
The winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Is the project able to solve the problem in the selective target group?
- Degree of innovation of the idea;
- Disruptive potential in the market;
- Long-term sustainability (triple bottom line) of the concept;
- Scalability and extensibility of idea;
- Start-up potential.
Participating teams have to fill in the online application form in English, describing:
- Project scope and idea
- Project description
- Project status: results so far (proof-of-concept)
- Three-year business/scaling plan incl. investments, revenues, profit and impact for people in need.
Participating Teams from Morocco should send their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 25th of March 2019 at midnight. (Moroccan Time).
It is mandatory that each team submits one projects only.